Sotheby’s London will offer for sale, on June 2, 2010, one of the finest figure paintings by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot (1796-1875) ever to have appeared on the market. Estimated at £800,000-1,200,000, “Jeune femme à la fontaine” enjoyed an exceptional early provenance before it was requisitioned during WW2 period. It has now been restituted to the heirs of its erstwhile owners and will be one of the centrepieces of Sotheby’s forthcoming sale of 19th Century Paintings.
Jeune femme à la fontaine’s journey through history provides a story that is as compelling as …Related posts:
- Corot Masterwork Highlights European Paintings Sale at Bonhams in New York Thursday
- Christie’s to Auction Painting by Camille Pissarro
- Bonhams Inaugural Canadian Sale In Toronto To Feature Important Works By Jean-Paul Riopelle – Jean-Paul Lemieux And Peter Rindisbacher
Go here to read the rest:
A PAIR of 12-bore sidelock ejector guns built for Sir Winston Churchill’s cousin as a 21st Birthday Present will be sold by Gavin Gardiner (in association with Sotheby’s) in a sale of Modern and Vintage Sporting Guns and Rifles on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at Sotheby’s, 34-35 New Bond Street, London.
Lord Ivor Charles Spencer-Churchill (1898 – 1956) was the younger son of the 9th Duke of Marlborough and his first wife, the former Consuelo Vanderbilt, an American railroad heiress. His elder brother, John, was the 10th Duke of Marlborough. …Related posts:
- FINE EXAMPLES BY LONDON GUNMAKERS OFFERED IN SALE OF MODERN & VINTAGE SPORTING GUNS
- GUN BELONGING TO LORD RIPON – GREATEST SHOT OF THE 20TH CENTURY TO BE SOLD AT GLENEAGLES IN AUGUST
- SIR MALCOLM CAMPBELL’S GUN TO BE SOLD AT GLENEAGLES
See the original post here:
On March 28 Leslie Hindman Auctioneers will offer property from the Estate of Ronald C. Sloter in a single-owner auction benefitting the Columbus College of Art and Design. Sloter, a longtime Columbus resident, approached CCAD President Denny Griffith in 2005 to explore the idea of leaving his home and its contents to CCAD. Mr. Sloter wished to benefit the college through the gift of his estate, thereby memorializing his parents, Wilford and Dorothy Sloter.
Ronald C. Sloter ran his familys concrete-supply company after his father passed away. Throughout his life …Related posts:
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers moves to bigger West Loop building
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers to Auction Telescope from the Collection of George Washington
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers Winter Sale Achieves $1.92 Million
Read more here:
Leslie Hindman to Offer Artworks from the Estate of Ronald C. Sloter
Sotheby’s Hong Kong will hold its Contemporary Asian Art Spring Sale 2010 on 5 April at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. This season’s sale will offer a series of early works by established Chinese artists that are rarely seen on the market, as well as seminal works from prominent Japanese and Korean artists. There will be over 170 extraordinary pieces, with a total estimate in excess of HK$94 million / US$12 million.
Evelyn Lin, Sotheby’s Head of Contemporary Asian Art, said, “Last year, our Contemporary Asian Art Autumn …Related posts:
- Sotheby’s Hong Kong Contemporary Asian Art Spring Sale
- Sotheby’s Hong Kong Contemporary Asian Art Takes US$8.5 Million
- SOTHEBY’S SPRING SALES OF INDIAN AND SOUTHEAST ASIAN ART, INCLUDING MODERN PAINTINGS, MINIATURES AND WORKS OF ART, TOTALED $12,133,626
Christie’s New York has announced the sale of one of the greatest private American collections of Modern Art to come to auction: The Collection of Mrs. Sidney F. Brody. Remarkable for its extraordinary depth and quality, the collection boasts a wealth of master works by the towering figures of the Modernist movement, including Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Alberto Giacometti, Georges Braque, Edouard Vuillard, Marino Marini, and Henry Moore. The total value of the works to be offered is expected to exceed $150 million, making it one of the most valuable …Related posts:
- Christie’s Impressionist and Modern Art Sale Achieves $147 million
- Christie’s Triumphant New York May Sales Of Impressionist & Modern And Post-War & Contemporary Art Total $756.3 Million
- The Famed Collection Of J. Irwin And Xenia S. Miller To Be Offered At Christie’s
Read the original: